3.0

I started working for VA in April, I had to call in from client's phone which was difficult when the client was unreceptive of care and refused to answer door repeatedly, thus, it looked like I was "late" when I had been there early.Staff knew.

Had several clients that liked me, and requested me because I did my job. The day I was fired, I had been offered a 12 hr case for a client who had developed an issue while in rehab post-knee replacement 2 mo prior. That is all the information I was given. The staff (and owner) knew I was a smoker, was never told I couldn't go out for a smoke, otherwise I wouldn't have taken the client.

Was never told not to leave client alone briefly, even after the client was seated watching t.v., and told me to go ahead. Apparently, the family got upset and complained. The office staff covered their butts and fired me.

I work for 2 other agencies, and they are nowhere NEAR as disorganized or out of touch with their caregiver staff.It's a shame, because the people who loose out the most when a good caregiver is terminated are the clients.

Preferred solution: Be more clear of your expectations when assigning a caregiver, and learn the art of resolving disputes that doesn't cost you quality caregivers..

I liked: Flexibility of the scheduals, There was always work available.

I didn't like: Miscommunication of pertinent information, Staffs complete lack of accountability, Non professionalism and inflexibility of staff.

Had an Experience with Visiting Angels?

Comments